BLOG: China Masterclass Webinar with Benjamin SchmittzehePosted by in China, Communications, Inspiration, Latest News, Marketing
Today we are super excited to launch our second China Masterclass Webinar with Benjamin Schmittzehe, CEO, Schmittzehe & Partners, who has over 30 years’ experience in corporate strategy and general management in China and Asia.
“Why do some Western companies succeed and others fail in China?”
Often known as “Mr China” in his circle, Ben studied Chinese at Oxford University in the 1980s and has lived and worked in China and Asia for over two decades. Ben has advised numerous leading investment funds (private equity and hedge funds), as well as SMEs and multinational organisations such as intel, L’Oréal, and Taylors of Harrogate. This work has included growth strategy, distributor or strategic partner search, and investment services including M&A and due diligence.
In this webinar, we asked Ben four questions:
1. Can you give some examples of ‘winners’ and ‘losers’ in terms of corporate strategy in China?
2. In terms of building value, trust and relationships, how important is localising the company’s offering and local leadership team in China?
3. In terms of actionable marketing strategies that viewers should consider, can you give 1 or 2 examples of highly successful marketing strategies in China?
4. As a Brit who has lived and worked in the Chinese market for over 20 years now: what are your top 1 or 2 tips in terms of adapting to cultural differences between China and the UK/West?
We hope you enjoy this webinar and do share your thoughts with us at email@example.com.
Who is next?
We have already lined up a couple of amazing guest speakers in the pipeline, including:
- Chris Godfrey, Global Principal, HBA Residential
- Champa Selim, Senior Business Development Manager (Greater China and SEA), Bicester Village, Value Retail Management Ltd
Tags: China Masterclass, Corporate strategy, Insights, thought leadership, Webinar