BLOG: China Masterclass Webinar with Champa Selim, Bicester VillagePosted by in Communications, Inspiration, Latest News
We are super excited to announce a new China Masterclass Webinar with Champa Selim, Senior Business Development Manager (Greater China and South East Asia), Bicester Village, Value Retail Management Ltd, who has over 20 years’ experience in the UK-China/Asia luxury hospitality industry.
How to Attract and Build Long-term Relationships with Chinese and Asian Luxury Consumers
Since Champa joined Bicester Village in 2017, she has been leading the business growth for high-net-worth (HNW) individuals and groups from 11 Asian countries including China, and has played a key part in driving 12 million guests and £900 million sales from those markets over the past 3 years.
Before joining Bicester Village, Champa worked as Private Client Relations Manager at The Ritz Club London and also in different luxury hotels such as Mandarin Oriental and Hyatt in Asia. In all these roles, Champa helped the companies build up and maintain their HNW client base in Asia and China.
1. Bicester Village is now the second most visited attraction in the UK by international visitors including majority Chinese footfall, after Buckingham Palace. How has Bicester Village’s China-focused sales and marketing approach has evolved over the years?
2. Could you please tell us how you found top private clients like royal families in Asia and those wealthiest families in the country who have stayed with you throughout your career over the past 20 years?
3. If you were advising a business in Europe or the USA now, maybe an established business but with little or no profile in China, what advice would you give that business to create profile and sales in the China consumer market?
4. In that same scenario of advising a business which wants to break into the Chinese luxury consumer and travellers market – what would you advise people NOT to do?
5. In the post-coronavirus environment and the ‘new normal’, what opportunities do you see for UK and European luxury retail brands such as Bicester Village in the Chinese luxury consumer market?
We hope you enjoy this webinar and please do share your thoughts with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who is next?
We have lined up a couple of amazing guest speakers in the pipeline, including:
- Ryan Li, CEO, Dere Street Capital; Founder, Sino British Summit – on “Inside the mind of the second generation of Chinese family business leader”
- Violet Shen, China Managing Partner, 11K Consulting; and Sally Maier-Yip, Founder and MD, 11K Consulting – on “PR in China: What’s working and what’s not working right now?”
You can also watch past China Masterclass Webinars:
- Chris Godfrey, Global Principle of HBA Residential – on “How to Win the Hearts of Chinese UHNW Clients and Create Long-term Relationships”. Watch here.
- Benjamin Schmittzehe, CEO, Schmittzehe & Partners – on “Why do some Western companies succeed and others fail in China?”. Watch here.
- Susan Fang, Co-Founder and Director, OxBridge Holdings – on “How to Find Chinese Family Clients and Build a Successful UK-China Education Firm”. Watch here.
* China Masterclass Webinar is part of 11K’s China Insights Hub initiative with a single-minded mission to educate, inform and inspire our audiences with the latest news, insights and inspirations on China.