BLOG: Key Facts & Stats on 800 Million Chinese NetizensPosted by in China, Inspiration, Latest News, Public relations
Yesterday I attended a “Secrets to Successfully Connect Your Brand to 800 Million Chinese Netizens” workshop at WeWork Paddington and found the presentation by David Ip, GM of 360 Global Advertising Unit, extremely insightful. I have listed some of the key facts and statistics about Chinese Netizens below for reference, if interested.
If you are wondering about how you can reach these Chinese netizens and tourists effectively within your budget, we can help!
At 11K Consulting, we help our British clients reach luxury consumers in China, Hong Kong and across Asia, and vice versa. We do this through effective PR and digital marketing that works within our client budget and always ensures good returns on investment. Some of our current amazing clients include Burlington Arcade, The Wellesley hotel, and others.
Contact us today to find out how we can help: email@example.com.
Growing consumption power in China
- China citizen’s disapsable incomein the first half of 2016: RMW11,886, increased by 6.5% YoY
- Total retail sales of consumers goods in Jan – May 2016: RMB12,928 billion, increased by 10.2% YoY
What to concern when entering to China’s Internet
- Only 55% UK e-Commerce sites offer delivery to China
- Only 10% UK e-Commerce sites offer Simplified Chinese shopping experience
- Only 22% UK e-Commerce offer Chinese local payment methods
China’s e-Commerce market size in 2016
- £706 billion in total
- £67 billion cross-border e-Commerce market size
- 25% of UK e-Commerce’s cross-border sales is from China
Top 5 items preferred by Chinese online shoppers
- Clothing 94%
- Gadgets 82%
- Furniture 74%
- Home appliances and office equipment 71%
- Commodity 62%
When do China’s netizens have higher demand for UK e-Commerce? Who are they?
- End of June to early July AND End of November
- Most are women aged from 19 – 34 from Guangdong and Beijing
When do China’s tourists look for “travel to UK”? Who are they?
- End of June to early July AND early October
- Most are aged from 19 – 34 from Beijing, Shanghai, Guangdong, Jiangsu and Zhejiang