BLOG: On My Mum-Entrepreneurship Journey – Challenges & Opportunities – at CUKRUN (跑动英伦)Posted by in China, Inspiration, Latest News
On 12th December, I was delighted to be invited to share my own mum-entrepreneurship journey with the members of CUKRUN (跑动英伦), UK’s fast-growing lifestyle and running club for Chinese professionals and students.
I shared my thoughts of challenges and opportunities as an entrepreneur of a UK-China PR agency and a mother of two young boys aged 1.5 years old and 4.5 years old. In truth, challenges are big opportunities. Being a mumpreneur has taught me to:
- Prioritise better. What really, really matters to me?
- Learn how to say ‘NO’ better and faster
- Be more empathic, understanding, creative, and thoughtful, thereby becoming a better leader, a better business owner, and a better person
- Enjoy my work even more – going to work is almost like a vocation!
- Be FLEXIBLE. Be water
- Realise that it’s all about what you WANT, what is RIGHT for YOU. Happy mum makes happy kids
- Seek for HELP – nursery, nanny, mentor, partner, friends, strangers, etc.
- Realise that it is all part of life journey. Don’t rush. Let’s enjoy the ride, however scary it might look like!
I have also shared my 10 thoughts on how to start and grow a business – a long-term game:
- Follow your passion, and just do it
- Give more than you take
- Build your networks
- Build a good reputation
- Join a Toastmasters (public speaking) club
- Shit happens so be resilient
- Follow your heart
- “I am convinced that about half of what separates the successful entrepreneurs from the non-successful ones is pure preference.” (Steve Jobs. RIP)
- “Pain + Reflection = Progress” (Ray Dalio)
Tags: Entrepreneurship, Mum, mumpreneur, Tips, Working mum
Agree? Yes or No. I would love to hear your thoughts.